Wednesday, October 29, 2008

easy day

Was going to play soccer Tuesday, but got to the rec center and as sometimes happens no one else was there to play. I'd brought the running shoes just in case, but relegation to the 1/8 mile track above the basketball courts does not inspire me to run great distances. Bumped into a friend who usually plays soccer now stuck in the same situation, so we jogged together for a bit. Having a running buddy made the time go faster, but I still only managed a half an hour. It was just as well because the legs were asking for another light day. I'm still planning on some hills this week, but today is looking downright packed so I'm not sure I'll make it to any kind of exercise. Hopefully I can though, this week and next are supposed to be the peak in training - I'm thinking of them as analogous to weeks 14 and 15 of this 18-week marathon plan. I'm already doing a terrible job by those standards though, so one more day is nothing.

No comments: